Wednesday 8 March 2017

Free Things To Visit In London



   Once I had the chance to visit London in January this year, I’ve realized that there are many things to see and visit and they are absolutely free. Moreover, for a person like me who likes to take pictures, and also being for the first time over there, everything I saw was absolutely amazing.

   Samuel Johnson once said that “when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life”. And indeed, there is nothing more available than that. Visiting London made me understand more clearly why it is called a global capital. I believe diversity and many interesting things to visit and to do are a great option for developing yourself. And lots of them are free. Or almost free, meaning you need to invest your time, which ultimately means it’s priceless :)

   Coming back to the things you can explore while you are visiting (or staying in or near London), here are a few of the main attractions:


  • St Pancras railway station, also known as London St Pancras
  • London Eye
  • Big Ben
  • Westminster Abbey
  • Westminster Bridge
  • Buckingham Palace and The Monument of Queen Victoria
  • Hyde Park
  • Tower Bridge
  • So many other attractions



   So many things to visit for free in London. But what I have found as being the most empowering “ingredient” for me and my life was actually the feeling received among so many people, with different nationalities. A true intercultural and global experience.

   After passing the first initial shock by seeing me between so many people, suddenly I’ve felt the need just to psychological embrace the environment and all surroundings, with all those people coming from all over the world, and, especially with all their stories. Actually, that was one of my major achievements being there, so to say. Just started to ask myself “What beautiful moments these people have had the chance to live?” Or “What struggles every one of them had to pass through life?” Or “What are their biggest achievements and beautiful moments?”, “What are their happy life projects they are working on?”, “What are their most precious moments that they feel they could make a positive impact on other people’s life?” And so many other questions passing through my mind, making me more aware of that marvelous diversity, and grateful for everything I had the chance to live until now.



   Actually, this is what I’ve received from my visit to London (apart from so many wonderful things to see, by day or by night). A sort of reminder that we are not alone on this earth. That it is in our hands to choose whatever we want in life, obviously bound with a good action, and very soon we will see those great results. Learning to enjoy every step until that moment of achieving a certain goal we have in mind. That ultimately we are the sum of our choices, of the people in our life, of all our experiences and lessons, and mostly of our feelings. And when we are aware of the fact that staying as much as possible on the positive side of life, will bring us a great “reward” through that great state of mind and soul, that will definitely be one of the days worth to remember in our life.



   And all these applies to every human being, no matter the cultural or economic environment we are coming from, no matter the job title or the things one has, the social or financial status, and so on and so forth. Ultimately, what this beautiful visit to London learned me is the fact that it’s something so marvelous to be aware of you and those people around you, more than just their appearance. And everything wrapped in a constant feeling of gratefulness.


























No comments:

Post a Comment