Wednesday 19 April 2017

A Gift for A Lifetime



   

Magic shadow light


   It’s been a while since my last post, and after a very relaxing mini-holiday for Easter (which I hope you've had too), it feels like coming back with lots of strengths :) The main idea of this article is about the impact has in our life our childhood and what are the most important lessons we had the chance to learn starting since then.

   Precisely on the first day of Easter, I had the chance to visit my childhood village, and through this visit to receive a great gift from my dear grandmother, so to say. It’s been more then two years from my last visit and probably that is why the impact of seeing those places was quite huge. I suppose every one of us feels something special when we revisit a place that represents something very important for us.

   Coming back to my extraordinary gift, I had the chance to discuss so many beautiful things with my almost 89 years old grandmother, things that made me realize once again that we are the sum of every moment, action, and interaction from our life. I even found out some interesting things about her and my grandfather. How they have met when she was only 20 years old, and my grandpa 27, after his return from Russia, where he was captured for 8 years as the World War II prisoner.  

   My dear grandparents hadn’t had the opportunity to go for a long time in school. Actually, only my grandfather went to school for four years. But even if they didn’t have the chance to develop different cultural school related abilities, they taught me so many life related lessons. I remember so clearly how they’ve talked with each other, in a supportive and calm way. The fact that they knew exactly how to split their activities and how to be a real “team” (after all they had 4 children, out of which 3 survive those times, and 64 years of marriage at the time my grandfather passed away). 

   I’ve spent my childhood and a long time from my adolescence with them, enough to see what true love means. What kind of activities they had and what other marvelous character features they had. I remember that my first swing seat was built up in a cherry tree by my grandfather, the same cherry tree that I’ve climbed for picking delicious cherries in order to share them with my friends.  

   After years, I’ve realized that probably my hobby for reading came from my dear grandfather, because, even if at that time he hadn’t had many books, he was eager to read whatever old newspaper he’s found in his back yard. And even my surname which I like very much I have it from them ;)

   As a sort of conclusion: remember and be proud of who you are from an internal and values point of view because what is truly important is the inside out approach. No matter where you were born, how many schools you’ve graduated, or what goods purchased you possess, they are worthless without your inner valuable self. And all together with the extraordinary people you interact every day and with what kind of activities you fill your time with. 

   For the moment many pictures from that short trip are been processed, but promise to came back with them as soon as possible and I hope these ones captured with my lovely phone be representative as well :)











No comments:

Post a Comment